Chabad.org
Iyar 3, 5772 · April 25, 2012
COUNT THE OMER REMINDER
19th Day of the Omer

Tonight, Wednesday night, April 25, 2012, we count nineteen days, which is two weeks and five days of the Omer.
For detailed instructions on how to count the Omer, blessing text, omer calendar, and more information, please click here.

OMER MEDITATION
A Spiritual Guide to the Counting of the Omer
Forty-Nine Steps to Personal Refinement
Day Five of Week 3: Hod of Tiferet

Compassion must include humility for it not to be condescending and pretentious. Hod is recognizing that my ability to be compassionate and giving does not make me better than the recipient; it is the acknowledgement and appreciation that by creating one who needs compassion G-d gave me the gift of being able to bestow compassion. Thus there is no place for haughtiness in compassion. Do I feel superior because I am compassionate? Do I look down at those that need my compassion? Am I humble and thankful to G-d for giving me the ability to have compassion for others?

Exercise for the day: Express compassion in an anonymous fashion, not taking any personal credit.

Post A Comment

By Simon Jacobson    More articles...  |   RSS Listing of Newest Articles by this Author
From A Spiritual Guide to the Omer by Simon Jacobson
Republished with the permission of MeaningfulLife.com. If you wish to republish this article in a periodical, book, or website, please email permissions@meaningfullife.com